Saturday, April 9, 2011

Planting herbs

Lady Banks Rose on my front porch
Here are my beautiful blooms in the garden this week!
Carolina Jasmine is so fragrant
Pale Yellow Lady Banks Rose
Yesterday afternoon after a lovely visit from Sister Red Shoes I had  beautiful day in the garden *~* I love to get muddy in my gardening togs. I planted Parsley, Sage, & Cilantro. My Rosemary, Oregano, Mint & Thyme have survived the winter. My Basil is still at seedling stage but we will have lots of that for my yummy Pesto! For a change I planted some veggies too. This is a first for me apart from the Tomatoes & Peppers I usually plant. Green Okra, Banana peppers, Green Bell Peppers, Cucumber, Strawberries, Zucchini, & Summer Squash. It will be interesting to see what produces fruit with the deer that wonder into my garden.  I need to remember to buy some Tarragon so delish on barbecued chicken. It was a productive day and peaceful too since all the children are away on spring break. I had so much fun that I forgot to have lunch & all my problems too! & before I knew it was 5:30 and nearly time for a Mint Julep. So there sure is therapy in my garden  *~*

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Deb! Wish I could sit on your porch with a mint julep with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks so lush and beautiful! You have so much life growing around you. Oh and I must have a mint julep with you when I come for Easter!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete