Sunday, April 3, 2011

A beautiful day in the neighbourhood!

This morning in my garden I transplanted Black Eyed Susan's and prepared pots for more seedlings. Tried to pull up some of the ivy that is taking over our lawn! I think I need a band of strong muscled men to do that, The saying that first it sleeps then it creeps, then it leaps is soooo true! I wish I had never planted ivy in my garden. Sat on the front porch on the swing with Molly and read for a while, so warm I became quite sleepy so we moved into the hammock and had a little nap! Not something I do often, maybe 4 x a year at the most but it was good. I have never seen so many different shades of green in the garden, probably 10 ranging from the new leaves on my tulip poplar a bright light spring green to the evergreen cypress with its blueish tinge. It is spring break and all the young families are at the beach. No lawn mowers, leaf blowers or power washers, no AC unit buzzing, just birds twittering. Very peaceful. Bees & butterflies have appeared. I now have 3 roses in bloom. The birds are talking to each other. The sky is almost a violet blue it is so clear. My curly willow with its shining leaves is moving gently in the breeze ~ what a glorious week end it has been. I wonder how many people take advantage of their very own garden and sit there with a good book. I am currently reading "To Kill a Mockingbird" I know I should have read it years ago but it was not on our list of English Literature. It is indeed awe inspiring. The wind chimes are gently playing their tune , such a lovely calming music. An enormous rabbit scurried across my lawn the other day. I did not see her today, I guess Miss Molly has frighted her away. Red Cardinals are chatting to each other. What a glorious spring day *~*

No comments:

Post a Comment