Wednesday, June 29, 2011

JUNE 2011

Easter Lily
Cone Flowers

Calla Lily
Homestead Tomatoes
Daylilies


Provence Lavender

The garden is in full bloom, daylilys, crepe Myrtle, huge perennial Hibiscus in red & pink, roses coming back for their 2nd bloom. I have gathered several large bunches of glorious Lavender and it is drying ready to make my lavender sachets. But the deer are having a ball!! They ate 10 tomatoes the other night where I had left my potted tomatoes plants on the front path to get more sun, sure enough they found them and they were large green tomatoes just ready to turn red :~( oh well what can I do. They also ate all the tomatoes off the large plant I had my trusty helper Juan plant near my compost heat, so I rushed out to buy netting and when I got home they had eaten all the leaves too, and my yellow daylilys. I love the deer so I'm not going to get upset. Its very hot outside these days so my time out in the garden is early and not for long. I can see several little cucumbers growing, & lots of flowers for my summer squash & zuccini, so there is hope but not much sun back there.

1 comment:

  1. Your garden is looking so gorgeous Mum! You are feeding those deer such a healthy diet, I think they like your garden too!

    ReplyDelete