Saturday, May 21, 2011

The May Garden

Red Yarrow















Juan arrived at 11:30 am I cann't tell you how thrilled I was to meet him! A lovely young man who assists a master gardener in Alpharetta, he was my gift when I retired from Northside Hospital from my darling co workers!! He weed wacked all the Ivy that had taken over my secret garden, he dug holes for me so I could transplant some of my beautiful Iris, he rediscovered my stone pathway to the Arbour where Becca & Rick were married. My garden suddenly looked twice the size. We worked together for 3 hours and my goodness we got a lot accomplished. Later this afternoon as I sat on the bench in the secret garden I watched red cardinals flying all around me, sitting in the serene River Birch watching me. American Robins were interested in the newly uncovered earth where all the ivy had been. It was so peaceful my, beach rose was in bloom, sitting in the shade of the Budlia & Forsythia bushes all of which I have planted. Tiny birds were in & out of my birdhouses. Such peace in the garden! I just love my garden, the lawn needs work but the front lawn is great! I refilled the bird bath as we have had no rain and the birds were splashing all about, I transplanted Black eyed Susan's. There is now so much shade in my back garden but I do love the enormous trees that David so wants to cut down, they give us total privacy. Today I have spent the entire day in my garden! I feel so happy when I am here alone or with a friend I just feel so relaxed and love what I see if i just sit a while quietly, such gifts come to me! An American Robin right at my feet, he does not even know I am here. A Chipmunk hoping across the grass, such tranquility. Evening primrose and Hydrangeas blooming, my curly red Willow looks fabulous! Do I have to go inside and eat dinner and watch the aweful news ~ No I am staying here. I could be in Aruba or England but no I am happy here! Maybe the beach? As long as the sun is shining I want to be outside. It is 7 pm ~~~~ the birds are singing and I have a mint julep to sip on. A tiny plane flies overhead, how beautiful it must be up there ~~~. I see a lot of Mint!!! Oh dear! The Lavender is beginning to bloom, Oh heavenly Lavender!


The so fragrant Confederate Jasmine

The Rose by my mailbox

No comments:

Post a Comment