Saturday, March 5, 2011

Trimming the Holly

Well I have just been up a ladder with walking stick to pull the branches towards me & managed to trim some of the tall branches back. these are my lolly pop tree Savannah Holly's & they are way to tall. David wants to chop them down but I do like them for the privacy they give me on my front porch! Yesterday I collected a lot of the dead wood that had blown off the trees in last weeks big storm, lots of lovely kindling for my fire which we still need in the chilly evenings, well a little chilly I just love my fire. it is raining so I won't be out there much today.Something is nibbling at my day-lily shoots I wander who that is?? yesterday I picked 2 huge bunches of Forsythia for the house. my White Camellia's are beautiful this year so I picked a few of those too they look so lovely with just one in each little bud vase *~* such joy when you can pick flowers from the garden !

1 comment:

  1. I love the holly too, especially for the privacy. Careful on that ladder(O: I bet the bunny rabbits are out nibbling in your garden, how can they resist such sweet beauty!

    ReplyDelete